John Macklin is a machinery company analyst. In an interview he links the companies' underperformance with the recession. Many of the stocks have done well in the last quarter of 1983. He believes that if the business cycle holds up into 1986 and 1987 that machinery stock has great up-side potential. Five stocks are recommended and analyzed.
Publication Name: Barron's
Subject: Business, general
The tradition of Lebanese cooking is kept alive in Dracut, MA, by 88-year-old Bertha Brox. Included are her recipes for kibbeh nayeh, meat pies, chick pea and sesame dip, nut-filled pastry, blueberry muffins, jonnycake, and apple jelly.
Publication Name: Yankee
Subject: General interest
Independence and Auditor Sanctions
Auditor independence is critical to credible and reliable reporting. Independence may be lost through loss of reputation, revenue, and the right to practice. No indication is observed of severe strictures on the auditing profession.
Publication Name: Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Subject: Banking, finance and accounting industries
- Abstracts: Essay contest. Inglorious tale from the Mexican War
- Abstracts: Ready to download now. Ruedi Kulling: an adman turned watchmaker
- Abstracts: The Cambridge Diet. Cop 3038 - a true high frequency performer
- Abstracts: Beware the Watchdog. Trunk callings
- Abstracts: The MLAB Interpreter. Getting the drift...