The farm team
Julie Alvarez and Bill Eichner live in a Vermont farm house. Dominican-born Alvarez helps her surgeon husband cook. He relies on his own intuition and his inlaws' recipes. Recipes include ginger carrot soup, Dominican chicken, arroz con hubichuelas, sweet-and-sour carrots, and bread pudding.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
Dutch Rennert and Bruce Froemming discuss their careers as umpires and some of the players they have worked with over the years. Both men rank Steve Carlton as the best pitcher they have seen, while both say Mike Schmidt hit the ball the hardest.
Publication Name: Sport
Subject: Sports and fitness
Not yet: the single market
Only 81% of the Single Market measures have been adopted into law by EC nations. Some these laws are ignored or not implemented once adopted. The Community's means of discipline and its future prospects are analyzed.
Publication Name: The Economist (UK)
Subject: Business, international
- Abstracts: Meet the riskmongers. Manhattan's flea markets
- Abstracts: Upsetting the cider-apple cart. Munich hits its stride
- Abstracts: In the pink. part 2 Day of the dead masks
- Abstracts: On the warpath. Uncertainty resolution and the timing of annuity purchases
- Abstracts: The humbling of Jan Carlzon. The reluctant spenders