Sport nutrition consultant Jackie Berning recommends ground rules to improve the eating habits of swimmers. Berning said that swimmers should always drink to replenish the lost fluids, eat high-glycemic foods 30 minutes after workout and maintain a high-carbohydrate diet. Two samples of high-carbohydrate menus, based on a 2,000- and a 3,000-calorie diet, for the average fitness swimmer are presented.
Publication Name: Rodale's Fitness Swimmer
Subject: Sports and fitness
UFA's Gerhard Aigner
Issues related to the regulation of soccer in Europe are examined in detail. The regulatory body, UEFA, is headed by Lennart Johansson, who is Swedish.
Publication Name: The Economist (UK)
Subject: Business, international
Et tu, Brenda?
A man who has trouble getting service at a cafe is scorned by the outcast who finally waits on him.
Publication Name: The Wine Spectator
Subject: Food and beverage industries
- Abstracts: Feast and famine. Project Management Principles Succeed at ICI
- Abstracts: Instead of hot air. Bliss Dairy: The Supreme Court's Golden Egg
- Abstracts: The miracle mineral. Visit to the doctor
- Abstracts: SA's bonds. The nostalgias of situationist subversion
- Abstracts: Supersport bikes. Hidden humanity