Advertising executives are turning to parodies of existing ads in order to grab the attention of the current advertising-saturated generation. Advertising agency Fallon McElligot of Minneapolis was responsible for the Miller Lite campaign which features a caricatured creative called Dick who uses an abundance of cliches. The parody strategy is also used by anti-commercialism magazine 'Abdusters', although in this case it is used to highlight hypocrisy within advertising.
Publication Name: I.D.
Branded entertainment: a new advertising technique or product placement in disguise
Evolution of product placement as a subtle, sophisticated tool of advertising and concept of branded entertainment are analyzed.
Publication Name: Journal of Marketing Management
- Abstracts: Claims-made insurance and the coverage gap. 'Floater' Coverage Enables Firms to Insure Artwork Up to Replacement Value
- Abstracts: North-South. Bank Lending to Third World Countries in the 1980s. International Lending and Income Redistribution
- Abstracts: Media study finds more bias in news reports on companies. ABP releases editorial guidelines. Census Releases Industry Reports
- Abstracts: Management accounting changes for new automated environments. Litton Reorganizes Systems Product
- Abstracts: Revenue Reply on Special Offices. Sony, Time Shifting and Modern Times. Revenue Loses Assessments Case