Adding that extra crunch
Bensons Crisps has undergone a recovery, aided by better production facilities and an increase in its stake in the market, especially in the private-label sector. Potato chips account for around 67% of sales, with tortilla chips and other snack products accounting for the remainder. The company holds a 7% stake in the United Kingdom market. Bensons' full-year profit has been forecast at 3.5 million pounds sterling, which represents an upgrade by Peel Hunt.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
A necessary evil
A United States (US) correspondent of an Italian business television network and a daily paper presents the opinions of observers from the industry and the banking sector, about the scandal at one of the largest food conglomerates of the world. The need for a global act and a genuine effort to close the misuse of offshore loopholes by the public companies for bringing transparency and protection for investors is stressed.
Publication Name: Global Finance
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS)
The operations and management of John B. Sanfilippo and Son Inc of Elk Grove Village, IL, are discussed in detail by executive VP and CFO Michael J. Valentine. John B. Sanfilippo and Son has been in the snack food industry since 1922.
Publication Name: The Wall Street Transcript
- Abstracts: Profiting from transformation. Glossary
- Abstracts: Awakening from the bear. Uphill recovery
- Abstracts: Stuck in the middle again. A new area of liability. Taming the wild cats
- Abstracts: Preferred dividends targeted again. A good junk story still sells
- Abstracts: Value on the phone. Coke steals Pepsi's fizz. From Coca-colonization to copy-Cotting: the Cott Corporation and retailer brand soft drinks in the UK and the US