As niche players figure place in market, convergence products will abound
Convergence products will start as a niche before going into the mainstream of the computer industry. Destination, a convergence product from Gateway 2000 is a combination of a television set and a computer. Its big-screen monitor and Internet capability allows group interaction among viewers. This makes Destination a perfect choice as a presentation system for business groups or as an interactive educational device in schools.
Publication Name: Business Marketing
Bids and asks in disequilibrium market microstructure: the case of IBM
A model is developed to analyze Brock and Kleidon's continuous auction theory of specialist pricing. Two simultaneous autoregressive equations for ask and bid prices are derived using IBM transaction data in 1988. Results show that increased trading volume increases the ask and decreases the bid. Increased price volatility within a 15 minute interval also reduces both bids and asks as buyers are provided a risk premium.
Publication Name: Journal of Banking & Finance
Client/server tools give users the advantage of enjoying the features of mainframe systems and desktop systems. Client/server computing accesses stored information for the client from server computers. The proper choice of a client/server model is difficult. There are five models available, namely, distributed data access, remote data access, distributed function, remote presentation and distributed presentation.
Publication Name: CA Magazine
- Abstracts: Another chance for the marketing concept? Large-site prices still declining, survey finds. How Multivariate Analysis Can Enrich Survey Findings
- Abstracts: Archives: all dressed up in paper. Archives: spacesuits size Shepard. Paper and paperboard
- Abstracts: An examination of the impact of pollution performance on economic and market performance: pulp and paper firms
- Abstracts: Despite the uncertainty, growth continues. Restructuring. Babcock risks burn-out from power overload: big and troublesome power station contracts have dogged Babcock in the past. Despite a widespread restructuring there is still too high a possibility of it happening again
- Abstracts: Look back in disbelief. BG joins the party with mega buy-back. Magnolia: back in the frame