Bad habits,(performance of Eyecare products)
Eyecare products products spectacles in the UK and France and had planned to grow through acquisitions. The company reported an operating loss in April 1997 and has abandoned its acquisitions strategy. France accounts for more than 40% of sales and the French market has been difficult while production in France has been costly. The company is setting up a manufacturing JV in China and aims to move toward producing licensed designer products. The company's profit is forecast at 800,000 pounds sterling for 1997 by Credit Lyonnais, a downward revision.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
Pumping New Life into Old Products
Dow Corning was experiencing a sales slowdown for its lubricants, adhesives and sealants. These specialty products are used by maintenance people. A selection of the product line was chosen to revive sales and serve as a focal point. Decision makers in purchasing were to be targeted for a product preference and awareness campaign. Print media was employed to locate future sales leads. Inquiries came in from readers' service cards and by phone, since an 800 number was provided. The new advertising campaign seems to be doing well.
Publication Name: Marketing & Media Decisions
Guardsman Products Inc
Guardsman Products Inc of Grand Rapids, MI, announced that its last quarter earnings for 1991 were the most impressive by far. Wall Street estimated a stock price of 74 cents per share for the firm which manufactures custom industrial coatings and cleaning products for the home. The firm is expecting increased productivity for 1992 in its coatings and consumer division.
Publication Name: The Insiders' Chronicle
- Abstracts: Use of accounting product-costing systems in making production decisions. Accounting for changing prices: the value relevance of historical cost, price level, and replacement cost accounting in Mexico
- Abstracts: Marketing performance measures: history and interrelationships. Dimensionalizing international market entry mode choice
- Abstracts: Earnings management of firms subjected to product price controls. Exchange rate exposure among European firms: evidence from France, Germany and the UK
- Abstracts: The behavior of secondary market prices of LDC syndicated loans. Why do underwriters charge low underwriting fees for initial public offerings in Taiwan?
- Abstracts: Revitalized junk bond market open to small issuers. Softwares Plan Large and Small Projects. Simplifying VAT for Small Traders