Comparison of election predictions, voter certainty and candidate choice on political polls
A study is conducted on the use of 0-10 probability scales to determine people's voting behavior. Results show that probability scales decrease the number of undecided responses by 50% compared to forced-choice scales. Responses to the standard question 'Who would you vote for if the election was held today?' also contain a high degree of uncertainty that lead to errors in election polls which are not accounted for by sampling errors.
Publication Name: Regulatory Compliance Watch
Labortec, a Brazil-based retailer of photofinishing products and services, will only make investment commitments after thorough feasibility studies. This is because the company expects 1998 to be a hard year for the industry. Labortec's Sidney de Florio said the firm is dealing with various growth opportunities, both in the wholesale and retail sectors. de Florio believes the digital imaging market is the market of the future.
Publication Name: Photo Marketing
A comparison of family-owned businesses: succession planners and nonplanners
A survey comparing family businesses with a succession plan with those without is presented. The survey finds that businesses with a plan experienced much smoother transitions and were better able to keep the business in the family.
Publication Name: Journal of Financial Service Professionals
- Abstracts: Physiological responses of firefighters and performance predictors during a simulated rescue of hospital patients
- Abstracts: On modeling cross sectional distributions of financial ratios. The financial effects of takeover: accounting rates of return and accounting regulation
- Abstracts: Land of the setting sun? Site uncertainty, allocation uncertainty, and superfund liability valuation. Contaminated land: keep out?
- Abstracts: Qualifying for head of household status is getting harder. Global franchising: current status and future challenges
- Abstracts: Toehold strategies, takeover laws and rival bidders. Mug shot imaging devices. Identifying corporate strategies