De Beers uses PR to polish tarnished image of diamonds
De Beers Consolidated Mines is planning to launch a new advertising, marketing and PR strategy aimed at uplifting the image of diamonds as branded luxuries. The move is designed to dispel concerns about conflict diamonds or blood diamonds and the whole the diamond trade as being used to finance rebel causes and endless civil wars in a number of African countries. De Beers is spending around $170 million on the marketing program.
Publication Name: O'Dwyer's PR Services Report
Morrison Healthcare food services finds the key ingredients in operational excellence and great customer service
Morrison Healthcare Food Services' (MHFS) old customer service strategy was successful at meeting its three-year goals for improved customer service and operational excellence in two years. However, the firm found an uneven acceptance and implementation of the strategy. The new MHFS customer service strategy, into which associate empowerment, engagement and pride was added, is evaluated.
Publication Name: Global Business and Organizational Excellence
The marketing strategies adopted by fertilizer manufacturing giant DuPont to recapture its market share are discussed.
Publication Name: Marketing Research: A Magazine of Management & Applications
- Abstracts: Using spreadsheet-based tax return preparation software. Electronic filing reshapes the tax return preparation industry
- Abstracts: The role of the peripheral anionic site and cation-pie interactions in the ligand penetration of the human AChE gorge
- Abstracts: Wealth impact of dividend changes within the insurance industry. Employee stock ownership plans, common stock wealth effects and stock price variability
- Abstracts: Changes in hospital service mix and cost allocations in response to changes in Medicare reimbursement schemes
- Abstracts: The certified financial planner board of standards. Inventory costing problems plague the American collectibles industry