Decorating for dummies: Why HGTV is bad for design, and why it may be our own fault
The Home and Garden TV (HGTV) channel airs programs on renovation, redesigning and redecoration but does not touch the important design skill, which is the ability to articulate what is right and wrong about a particular approach. The HGTV is seen to be rooted in the 1950s, with fake controversies, easy answers and small morality plays in the age of reality channels and programs.
Publication Name: I.D.
Unmasking the organizational drivers of growth
The factors that help an organisation to grow are described. The major drivers of organizational growth are discipline around talent, leadership, performance standards, and organization and the will to achieve it.
Publication Name: Journal of Organizational Excellence
- Abstracts: Leaving crisis behind. Recession: the bear facts. Rumours of a recession are premature
- Abstracts: Auditors' perceptions of client firms: the stigma of decline and the stigma of growth. Auditor belief revisions in a performance auditing setting: an application of the belief-adjustment model
- Abstracts: Accounting for turbulent times. Half of working Britons have no pension plan
- Abstracts: Accounting for turbulent times. Why fair value needs felling
- Abstracts: The regulation of collective investments: the role and responsibilities of a trustee. Cross-country comparisons of efficiency: evidence from the UK and Italian investment firms