Defense money bill ready for House-Senate Conference
The US defense appropriations bill was readied for House-Senate Conference by the US Senate, which voted, 97-0, to pass it for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2006. The conference, for ironing out differences with the House-passed version of the measure, would convene amidst unprecedented pressure to cut military outlays.
Publication Name: Defense Today
Globalization disputes erupt over marine one, ACS
The two contested procurement programs which witnessed to disputes between globalization versus made in America are described. There were different proposals made for both the platforms, on whether they should accept the designs or whether they should stick to American products.
Publication Name: Navy News & Undersea Technology
- Abstracts: Racial, ethnic bias decried at conference. Global agencies catch bird flu fever. As Martha goes, so goes her company
- Abstracts: New rules conform S corp. and partnership income. Stock distributions by partnership can result in gain
- Abstracts: Sale or exchange of principal residence. Monetization strategies in corporate spin-offs. Coordination of tax incentives associated with compliance and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Abstracts: Unfair advertising: liability for punitive damages. Supreme court says confusion insufficient to prove trademark infringement under FTDA
- Abstracts: ASA: shipbuilding funds don't reach fleet strength goal. Lockheed Martin touts globalized mobile weapons for Marines