Delivering community benefits
Royal Mail, a division of the British Post Office, has long been involved with community projects. It has begun an ambitious project aimed at teaching total quality management (TQM) to students and the entire community as well. The Royal Mail also realized the changing character of schools, noting that a radical change involving management styles has to be implemented. Aside from the education/business partnership links it shares with some schools, it also sponsors workshops for administrators and teachers to emphasize the need for TQM. Its first project was at a school in Yorkshire.
Publication Name: The Journal of Services Marketing
The wrath of Kane
Business Post boss, Mick Jones, has left the company, as has Torquil Montague-Johnson, the company's former finance director, and the company's stock price has dropped. Jones' salary was low compared to the heads of other company's of a similar size. Peter and Michael Kane, founders of Business Post, hold a 63% stake in the company. They had moved to non-executive posts when Jones became head of the company, and they have moved back into executive roles with his departure.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
An extension of Ramsey-Boiteaux pricing to services offering limited deferability subject to reliability constraints and fuzzy demand functions
The Ramsey-Boiteaux pricing to services offering limited deferability subject to reliability constraints is used to analyze the quality of service and reliability of postal services. A fuzzy set representation of the unkown parameters is also used so that the investigation will have greater flexibility. The analysis results in a welfare-optimal pricing applicable for a monopolist experiencing stochastic demands.
Publication Name: Managerial Finance
- Abstracts: Planning information systems for the growing business. Using information technology to compete in a new Europe
- Abstracts: The impact of corporate characteristics on social responsibility disclosure: a typology and frequency-based analysis
- Abstracts: The influence of Japanese culture on business relationships and negotiations. The market for obstetrical services: an integrative approach to building relationships
- Abstracts: Timeshare rental not sheltered by PAL exception. Temp. Regs. offer timely relief for late elections. Proposed Regs. on bankruptcy exception to NOL liminitations
- Abstracts: Sound recovery. Land of the falling Nikkei: Japanese equities have been investment dogs for so long that they're practically a write-off. But could the market be about to turn the corner? if so,which funds are the ones to go for?