Euro Disney: Land of dreams
Euro Disney increased the number of visitors to its theme park in 1995, offering more attractions and cutting prices for some services. Numbers of visitors rose by 10% and this small rise raises concern of future sales growth. The company is also likely to be affected by strikes in the French transportation industry. Sales have to rise by 20% for the company to break even due to high interest charges. A second theme park could be built which would absorb more funds.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
The magic formula for growth
The Magic Co. dominates the video game industry in South Africa. Managing director Gavin Rimmer tells how the company had to reinvent itself from the carnival atmosphere to the casino and arcade theme park. Founders of the Magic Co. still hold equity in the company along with management, and the company's history is detailed.
Publication Name: EuroSlot
Cedar Fair, L.P. (FUN)
The operations and management of Cedar Fair L.P. of Sandusky, OH, are described in detail by president and CEO Richard L. Kinzel. Cedar Fair owns and operates a variety of hotels and amusement parks in the US.
Publication Name: The Wall Street Transcript
- Abstracts: Wilbanks, Smith and Thomas Asset Managment. MFP Financial Services Ltd. (MFP: TSE). Brokers and Asset Managers
- Abstracts: Determinants of audit report lag: further evidence from Hong Kong. Association between independent non-executive directors, family control and financial disclosures in Hong Kong
- Abstracts: Accounting for Common Services in the Government of Canada: Mirage or Oasis? Governments are different
- Abstracts: On line and on time. The future is digital. Legislation in moderation
- Abstracts: Outlook for oil and the global economy. Things can only get better. Oil keeps economists on their toes