Global changes fuel financial innovation
The repurcussions of the political instability of the Middle East region on international oil prices is discussed. The recent spate of acquisitions and mergers in the petroleum sector has left five big companies with adequate cash surpluses to finance 90% of the alternative oil sources. However, the oil companies are approaching the international funding organizations and the state-owned oil companies for finance, in a belief that such a move will cover the political risks in the projects.
Publication Name: Global Finance
Russia likely to be stable oil source, Exec says
The Russian oil industry is unlikely to be disrupted by a terrorist attack soon, meaning that it will be a growing-and stable-supplier to the world market for years to come. Robert Dudley, Chief Executive Officer and president of Moscow based TNK-BP, one of Russia's largest oil companies stated that Russia needs to expand its number of 'exports points' for its oil industry.
Publication Name: Defense Today
ExxonMobil funds anti-warming groups
The Union of Concerned Scientists report on the ExxonMobil's funding of anti-warming groups is discussed. The firm uses these independent organizations to question various scientific findings and confuse public.
Publication Name: O'Dwyer's PR Services Report
- Abstracts: Objectivity, relativism, and truth in external financial reporting: what's really at stake in the disputes? A decision-theory model of motivation and its usefulness in the diagnosis of management control systems
- Abstracts: Marriott makes the business case for an innovative total rewards strategy. At Raytheon Six Sigma works, too, to improve HR management processes
- Abstracts: Marriott makes the business case for an innovative total rewards strategy. part 2 How Outback Steakhouse created a great place to work, have fun, and make money
- Abstracts: Indian Bt gene monoculture, potential time bomb. From alpha to omega -- producing essential fatty acids in plants
- Abstracts: The promise of the East: India and China as R&D options. France to focus on few biotech clusters