How customers actually shop: customer interaction with the point of sale
Empirical observations of consumer behavior are compared with classical theories to define areas where theories should be modified to enhance their value to decision makers. The study accounts for the impact of point-of-sale interaction and the characteristics of impulse purchasing in relation to the selling environment. The study indicates that interactive influences are present in most buying situations, but exert greater influence with unplanned purchases. Furthermore, the consumer's visual perception of the point-of-sale also influences the buying decision.
Publication Name: Journal of the Market Research Society
Social demographic and attitudinal determinants of consumer acceptance of food irradiation
The determinants of consumer acceptance of irradiated food are discussed. A study involving exposure of subjects to information about the effects of food irradiation and eliciting discussion about the issue was undertaken. Among the eleven predetermined social and attitudinal factors considered, trust in government and in the food industry proved to be the most important variable in ensuring the acceptance of the idea of food irradiation.
Publication Name: Agribusiness
Assurance versus insurance: a study of consumer receptiveness in an e-commerce setting
Consumer receptiveness to assurance and insurance in an e-commerce setting is studied. Consumers are receptive to both assurance and insurance, with both increasing purchasing intention. Certified public accountants could leverage their brand name in areas outside their traditional markets.
Publication Name: Accounting Horizons
- Abstracts: Stock and compensation. Additional evidence on integration in the Canadian stock market
- Abstracts: High court defines nontaxable order "solicitation." (Corporations) Tax nothings
- Abstracts: Human errors in fatal and serious occupational accidents in Finland. Equation error versus output error methods
- Abstracts: TI links data to sharpen its customer focus. W.W. Grainger's magic toolbox; showing its many splendid things
- Abstracts: Money management firms tap marketing executives. Change the terms, change the terrain: ideas and words that signal new advances in business-to-business marketing