In-house ATM replaces cashier's office
Some major corporations are closing down their internal cashier offices and replacing them with automated teller machines (ATMs). Among the companies that have installed on-premises ATMs are: IBM, Kodak, Southern Co. and Equifax. Cashier windows with two employees cost firms about $70,000 in annual operating expenses, whereas ATMs are cheaper, offer more services, and are available to employees more hours per day. Before installing a company ATM, corporations should evaluate the service requirements of the employees, the services offered by various suppliers of ATMs, possible ATM networking configurations, and service costs. Companies should also determine whether to issue their own debit cards for the ATM or to use existing proprietary debit cards. Vendor agreements and contracts, as well as ATM location considerations, are also discussed.
Publication Name: Cashflow Magazine
Kimono my house
Philip Morris Asia Inc. is putting it marketing focus on women consumers in Japan. A new survey released by Japan Newspaper Publishers and Editors Association reveals that unmarried and young working women who reside with their parents possess disposable incomes of between $750 and $1,000, on the average. Also, according to research, married women who have jobs more often than not have their own income as spending money. The cigarette manufacturer has a new advertising campaign underway which attempts to capitalize on the huge market.
Publication Name: Madison Avenue
NCR Moves Ad Shop, and Staff Out-of-House
NCR Corp. is merging its in-house agency with Kirchner, Helton & Collett, an independent advertising agency. This merger follows a number of changes at NCR. The agency will handle NCR's Applied Digital Data Systems account, its Micro-Electronics products and international advertising.
Publication Name: Business Marketing
- Abstracts: Involuntary conversion rules and replacement of destroyed property. Congress rolls out new rules for rollovers
- Abstracts: Will space run out of space? The orbital debris problem and its mitigation
- Abstracts: The politics of quantification. Rationality, politics and healthcare costing. The politics of business
- Abstracts: Taking a Tip from Marlboro's Macho. Morris's dance finds plenty of fans. Jim Thompson Tells How Philip Morris Hit the Top
- Abstracts: The trust concept: research issues fopr channels of distribution. Global Learning and Global Issues