Multiple strategy paradigms: an integration framework
Much of the research carried out on management practice looks at only one function of management. The researchers tend to examine each paradigm as if it is in opposition to all the others. They fail to offer ways how the different paradigms could be brought together. Even those researchers who do look more closely at the complex nature of management not consider any similarities which may occur. Researchers must consider more than one strategy model because in reality managers have to cope with a number of goals, aspirations and complications when formulating their plans.
Publication Name: Journal of Marketing Management
The time series behavior and predictive-ability results of annual value added data
The time series behavior and accuracy of four value added (VA) measures, namely, gross VA based on sales, net VA based on sales, gross VA based on production and net VA based on production are examined. Results show that the four VA measures can be described as a random walk process. It is also argued that factors such as economic conditions and business policies affect a company's earnings and VA figures.
Publication Name: Journal of Business Finance and Accounting
- Abstracts: Domestic markets and international competitiveness: generic and product-specific competencies in the engineering sector
- Abstracts: A simulation-based investigation of errors in accounting-based surrogates for internal rate of return. No let up
- Abstracts: The strategic exercise of options: development cascades and overbuilding in real estate markets. Real interest rates and inflation: an ex-ante empirical analysis
- Abstracts: Quarterly earnings announcements and market risk adjustments. Discussion of 'Laboratory Evidence on How Managers Intuitively Value Real Options.' (response to Sydney D. Howell and Axel J. Jagle in this issue, p. 915)
- Abstracts: Changes in hospital service mix and cost allocations in response to changes in Medicare reimbursement schemes