Time-Warner is selling part of the company's amusement park assets. The company aims to reduce its debts which are a result of the merger of Warner Communications and Time Inc. The company is selling a 51% stake in its Six Flags parks, and the new investor will assume responsibility for some debt. Time will continue to manage the parks on an everyday basis. The company also sold a stake in QVC in April 1995 as part of a wider strategy of disposing of peripheral assets.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
Down Home with the Nashville Network
The Nashville Network (TNN) is a cable televison network aimed at the country market. Nashville Network represents a jone venture between Opryland, U.S.A. and Group W Satellite Communications. The audience is representative of both the country and the cable market. TNN provides promotion and merchandising packages for its clients.
Publication Name: Madison Avenue
Down by the riverside
The Waterways Experiment Station is a vast hydraulic theme park where familiar riverine or oceanic landscapes are rendered in miniature, everything from Niagara Falls to New York Harbor. The various aspects of the Station including the minute detail are discussed.
Publication Name: I.D.
- Abstracts: In a league of its own. Home-grown graduates hold the key. Complicated
- Abstracts: Irish highs. Rising from the ashes. Rising spirits: Irish Distillers has been capitalising on its French connection
- Abstracts: Regular saving makes sense. A tradition and its inheritors
- Abstracts: Paris' Tower Without End. A home away from home: JAIC Hilton Tower. No fire without smoke for Maiden
- Abstracts: Protection for the three Ps. Caught in the Act. Data protection: don't get caught out