Should a tax practice be reviewed by peers?
The Tax Division of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) has published a book that outlines the guidelines for its Voluntary Tax Practice Review (VTPR) program. The book covers quality control, administrative review, and technical review guidelines for tax practices. The book also includes appendices containing items such as sample quality control documents for sole-practitioner CPA firms and for local CPA firms with and without structured tax departments. The AICPA's Tax Division notes that the implementation of the VTPR program should help develop a high-quality tax services environment.
Publication Name: Taxation for Accountants
Partnership with service puts newspaper in good position
Preferred Tee Times Inc and The Orange County Register newspaper has established OCR Marketing Services LLC for the expansion of a gold program under the GolfXtra Card. The program, which offers golf discounts, tee- time service and other benefits to over 3,000 members, started as a partnership between the two entities in 1998. Preferred Tee Times, established in 1993, has developed a reservation system that the company has installed in over 35 golf courses in Southern California.
Publication Name: IDEAS
- Abstracts: Preparing partnership returns on your PC: which package should you choose? Using Stock Options in the Benefit Package
- Abstracts: Getting more from your agency. The ad couple. Ad agency - PR company marriages: How are they working out?
- Abstracts: Timely reporting to shareholders. Directors' reports on employee involvement. Reporting in the Universities
- Abstracts: Regular saving makes sense. A tradition and its inheritors
- Abstracts: Defining market boundaries. 'The extraordinary self': Gothic culture and the construction of the self