Refinancing home mortgages: a capital budgeting approach
A capital budgeting approach is urged for banks in refinancing home mortgages. Lending institutions are viewed as having an obligation and a vested interest in helping homeowners avoid problematic refinancings. Banks must provide interest rates that can enable homeowners to get a higher internal rate of return (IRR) from mortgage refinancing. The IRR is the rate that equates the current value of future interest savings to the cost of securing the new loan.
Publication Name: Journal of Retail Banking
The LBO: a step-by-step approach
The leveraged buyout (LBO) is a technique that is increasingly being used to buy out stockholders of small to medium-sized public companies. An LBO serves two purposes: (1) it gives stockholders the fair value of their stock, and (2) it allows the business to remain independent, rather than being sold or merged with another company. 10 steps in making an LBO - from conducting the initial investigation to arranging the closing - are outlined in detail.
Publication Name: FE: the Magazine for Financial Executives
A strategic approach to advancing sustainability at steelcase
Measures taken by Michigan-based Steelcase Incorporated, to sustain environment, are discussed.
Publication Name: Journal of Organizational Excellence
- Abstracts: Advertising sunk costs and credible spatial preemption. A double-hurdle approach to advertising: the case of cheese
- Abstracts: Debt financing under asymmetric information. Strategic debt service
- Abstracts: Laying the groundwork for a strategic corporate cost accounting system at Delaney Products. True costs
- Abstracts: Capital budgeting practices and complementarity relations in the transition to modern manufacture: a field-based analysis
- Abstracts: Sampling in the twenty-first century. Strategies to Boost Liquidation Payout. On Optimality of Double Sampling Strategies with Varying Probabilities