Sara Lee's hosiery clings to quality
The secret to Sara Lee's (SL) marketing success with hosiery has been that it has not looked at the product as a commodity. Each brand that SL manufactures begins as a quality product. Then merchandising, packaging and advertising are used to position the hosiery as a premium product. SL has further enhanced its brands by marketing innovations, such as retail partnerships, and by consumer input on product satisfaction. SL controls a 44% share of the $2.2 billion women's US hosiery market.
Publication Name: Adweek's Marketing Week
Setting the stage for creative new products: investigating the idea fruition process
An examination on the idea fruition process, an organization need to understand, is presented. The prerequisites for an organization to better understand, before adapting new products, are also discussed.
Publication Name: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Abstracts: Marketing strategies in action. Marketing in the information age. Strategies for U.S. marketers in Saudi Arabia
- Abstracts: Establishing effective U.S. - Japanese business alliances. Building effective decision support systems
- Abstracts: Bases also reduced by in-kind gift to charity. Final rules explain substantiating charitable gifts. Freezing ranch's development is charitable gift
- Abstracts: Buyer/supplier partnering in British industry: the automotive and telecommunications sectors. Lessons learned from a decade of partnering
- Abstracts: U.S. household finance in the 1990s. The new face of interactive advertising. Opt in or Opt out?