Simulation as a Market Research Tool with Micro Computer Applications
Corporations depend upon sound planning. Quality information increases the soundness of a corporation's market planning. Marketing Information Systems are necessary to insure reliable, relevant information. Quantitative techniques and computers are the components of any marketing information system. Simulation model building is a quantitative technique that interfaces with the microcomputer. With simulation model building, marketing managers can control an aspect of their information needs. Simulation is a decision support tool for marketing managers.
Publication Name: Journal of the Market Research Society
C&T Tools Up for Future with Bendix Tool Deal
Cross & Trecker Corp. has acquired Bendix Corp. This will enable it to supply complete manufacturing systems to companies. Orders and volume in the machine tool market are currently recovering from the recession and intense foreign competition. C&T will now be able to be a single source supplier to the markets it serves. Although the Japanese are strong in stand alone machining centers, they are not able to sell complete systems in North America. The company expects industry sales to increase by almost twenty-five per cent this year.
Publication Name: Business Marketing
Market simulation for teaching commodity trading skills
Commodity trading requires special skills that are acquired through years of training. Market simulation is an effective and efficient approach to help commodity traders develop the skills and strategies for marketing commodities. In addition to trading games, a new technique that allows participants to negotiate with input markets, farmers, bakers and consumers can help commodity traders acquire an understanding of the principles of trading.
Publication Name: Agribusiness
- Abstracts: Public Relations and Research in Europe. 10th Public Relations World Congress
- Abstracts: The long-term dangers of gray-market sales. The dangers of protectionism. Insurance sales by financial institutions
- Abstracts: Trust and direct marketing environments: a consumer perspective. Patterns and determinants of global marketing
- Abstracts: Tax software adapts to meet technology. Is there life after spreadsheets? InterX
- Abstracts: Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay debuts. Japan's economic advance into China: meeting of Asia's two giants