Survey on Americans & Food Technology
US consumers are increasingly aware of biotechnology but have not changed their food consumption habits, according to a recent national survey by the Grocery Manufacturers of America. This despite reports on the recall of taco shells that said to contain unapproved biotech corn. The survey shows that 67% would be likely to purchase produce that had been modified through biotechnology to use fewer pesticides. Similary, about 66% would purchase such products if they were modified to contain more vitamins and nutrients.
Publication Name: Creative
'Functional food' pitches score with media, boomers
Public relations agencies expect more food companies to approach them for more sophisticated campaigns to promote the new category of functional foods and nutraceuticals. Aging Baby Boomers are a natural market for these foods, which are claimed to enhance health or prevent diseases. PR agencies are at the forefront of the marketing charge by educating consumers about the benefits of consuming functional foods and nutraceuticals.
Publication Name: O'Dwyer's PR Services Report
Technology presenting challenges to digital publishers
The digital publishing industry is expected to face various technological challenges as players aim to increase profits, improve products and better customer satisfaction. TrendWatch ranks direct-to-plate or computer-to- plate technology as the main technology concern for printers. This is because (CTP) needs a total committment to a digital workflow, which in itself in a state of flux.
Publication Name: Photo Marketing
- Abstracts: Dynamic cursor gain and tactual feedback in the capture of cursor movements. Feedback quality and environmentally friendly use of domestic central heating systems
- Abstracts: Star Wars at the bottom line: the accounting forum for defense contractors. Identification of accounting firm alumni with their former firm: antecedents and outcomes
- Abstracts: Stock photography. Laundry firm has growth in the basket
- Abstracts: Top twists for starters: choices galore. An empirical study of bank loan officers' functional fixation on agricultural co-operatives and their reported earnings
- Abstracts: Stouffer's displays A La Carte Menu Selections. Desert son. Arizona Republic features immediate displays