The New Chase for Better Benefits
Although your base salary may not have risen lately, the chances are that your compensation has increased, in the form of more benefits. Many companies which used to offer the traditional health insurance plans are now offering their employees a whole range of benefits , including investment plans, day care, dental insurance, and more. Often the ever increasing benefits attracts employees in the beginning, and can help keep them with the company. Many employers are beginning to offer cafeteria style plans, in which an employee can choose the type and amount of coverage they want. Savings programs, often matched at least in part by the employer, are becoming more common. Offering opportunities for self improvement is an idea a lot of employers and employees are finding they like. Both the employer and the employee find that they benefit from the increasingly diverse benefits programs being offered. The employee gets more from their job, and the employer gets a loyal, highly motivated employee.
Publication Name: Money
Differential tax benefits and the pension reversion decision
The influence of tax considerations on a company's decision to revert excess assets in its defined benefits pension plan is studied. It is shown that differential tax benefits or the difference between the discounted incremental tax savings of reversion and savings from the best alternative withdrawal method is the economically relevant tax-based decision criterion for reversion. A model to prove this claim is discussed.
Publication Name: The Journal of Accounting and Economics
Salmonella report weights the risk, costs and benefits
Salmonella: Products and Markets is a new report addressing the control and treatment of Salmonella bacteria and Salmonellosis.
Publication Name: Animal Pharm
- Abstracts: The value of a finance journal publication. Journal influence on the design of finance doctoral education. Contributing authors and institutions to the Journal of Finance: 1946-85
- Abstracts: How do financial analysts make decisions? A process model of the investment screening decision
- Abstracts: The kingdom of the customer. Reengineering turns company toward the customer. Waiting time delays and customer satisfaction in supermarkets
- Abstracts: The strategic exercise of options: development cascades and overbuilding in real estate markets. Real interest rates and inflation: an ex-ante empirical analysis
- Abstracts: Internationalization of services: the service exporting decision. Positioning your service to target key buying influences: the case of referring physicians and hospitals