The U.S. merchant marine and maritime industry in review
The deregulation of the US shipping industry took effect with the signing of the Ocean Shipping Reform Act on Oct 14, 1998 by Pres Bill Clinton. Under deregulation, individual contracts may be negotiated by shippers directly with carriers for the carriage of cargo. Ship construction in the 1990s is mainly financed by high-yield bonds due to the numerous bankruptcies that beset the sector in the 1980s. The trend in shipping is towards bigger ships which severely test the limits of many ports.
Publication Name: Proceedings of the US Naval Institute
Black and white and kicked all over
R. Buckminster Fuller inspired by the work of architect on geodesic dome for Expo 67 in Montreal, Adidas designed Telstar a new soccer ball with multiple black and white leather panels. The footballs shape was the crucial motivation and it evolved into the standard and t since then soccer balls technology has improved but basic shape remains that of Telstar.
Publication Name: I.D.
- Abstracts: Human factors and aviation safety: what the industry has, what the industry needs. Handbook of Human Factors in Litigation
- Abstracts: Buyer/supplier partnering in British industry: the automotive and telecommunications sectors. Lessons learned from a decade of partnering
- Abstracts: Stable shareholdings and Japan's bubble economy: an historical overview. A Canadian Tax Overview of Transfer Pricing
- Abstracts: The challenge of the free market. A brief history of Baikonur. The history of the Oxford challenge to marginalism, 1934-1952
- Abstracts: The shortest road to success is the best in any industry. Best & brightest media strategists