Where the Reader Eye Roams
An advertiser must take a number of factors into consideration when writing and designing an advertisement. Media schedules, the nearness of competing advertisements and editorial copy in a publication will have a strong impact on readership scores. Some recall-based readership surveys have high error rates. A method called eye tracking is currently used by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and the Federal Aviation agency in their design research. Eye tracking data can be combined with an interviews to evaluate how well an advertisement generates attention. Eye tracking goes beyond measuring memory and actually documents the extent to which a consumer sees an advertisement and associates the sales message with the advertiser's name.
Publication Name: Business Marketing
Where the jobs are
Chicago and the cities on the East Coast and the West Coast offer the greatest amount of employment opportunities for direct marketing professionals. Direct marketing employment is rapidly becoming an area requiring specialized skills, resulting in a shortage of skilled middle managers, particularly for middle managers having between three and six years of experience. Job turnover has been rampant for the direct marketing industry. Minorities and women are not sufficiently represented in the direct marketing industry.
Publication Name: ZIP-Target Marketing
- Abstracts: Capped peak on the debt costs. The big divide. Retiring the national debt
- Abstracts: Remote control. Ready to ware. Ready to Wear.net
- Abstracts: Directly to the reader. Vale to Raymond Chambers
- Abstracts: 'Where's the Beef'. Evaluating Quebec's preference for Alberta beef versus US beef
- Abstracts: European monetary union: the real debate. Dutch get tough. Why union became tough advertiser