Words of wisdom
Doubleday & Co. group vice president, Alex Hoffman, has been acclaimed as the Direct Marketer of the Year; Hoffman is interviewed on the major issues facing direct marketers. One major question is whether the consumer's right to privacy is violated due to the availability of direct mailing lists. Direct marketers must be ready to accept self-regulation in order for the industry to survive and thrive. Hoffman was the chairman of the Direct Marketing Association for the last two years.
Publication Name: ZIP-Target Marketing
Words writ in stone
Stone-cut letter artist John Benson integrates the intricacies of calligraphy, stone-cutting and type design in making masterpieces ranging from headstones to memorials. His more famous works include the John F. Kennedy Memorial at the Arlington National Cemetery, the Vietnam Memorial, the Civil Rights Memorial in Montgomery and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt memorial to be erected soon in Washington.
Publication Name: I.D.
- Abstracts: Women soldiers serve well in combat areas, but in limited role. Boeing can wait a year for before deciding 767 fate
- Abstracts: Cross-border services. Analysts in action
- Abstracts: Your Best Casino Bets. Recognizing the best. Diversity is the best policy
- Abstracts: Award-winning style. Ad Volume to Spurt 9.5% in '84. Tops in Print: 1983 Kelly Award
- Abstracts: 'Eureka.' But What Do You Do Next? The next Dick Tracy wristwatch radio? The next wave of operations software