Animal health update
St Louis, MO-based Doane Mktg Research Inc has been providing its veterinary drug and health product manufacturing clients with a quarterly tracking study on animal health marketing since 1992. The research tracks producers' use of beef, dairy and swine animal health products. The latest report indicates that one of the most significant trends in product usage is the rapid acceptance of a group of relatively new and expensive injectable antibacterial products for beef stockers and fed cattle.
Publication Name: Agri Marketing
Animal, Vegetable or Cartel?
Brazil has imposed a ban on all soybean exports for up to two months. The Brazilians appear to be protesting a cartel which they believe is operating on the Chicago Board of Trade. Cartels are illegal and an investigation is taking place. Soybean prices have risen and fallen as production estimates vary. Soybeans are Brazil's largest export crop. Speculation is mounting on the effect of the ban on Brazil's ability to meet trade surplus agreements with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Publication Name: Economist
Spyros Makridakis: an interview with the International Journal of Forecasting
INSED Research professor Spyros Makridakis discusses his experiences at International Institute of Forecasters. Makridakis also explains plans of research in internet and its influence on business firms.
Publication Name: International Journal of Forecasting
- Abstracts: Econometric software: a user's view. The past, present, and future of macroeconomic forecasting. Mismeasured variables in econometric analysis: problems from the right and problems from the left
- Abstracts: Money and interest rates: the effects of temporal aggregation and data revisions. Explaining the term structure of interest rates: a panel data approach
- Abstracts: Population ageing and intergenerational conflict: a post-Keynesian view. Integrated health care from an economic point of view
- Abstracts: Spatial evolution of population and industry in the United States. Strategic differentiation and strategic emulation in games with uncertainty
- Abstracts: The decomposition of risk in denumerable populations with ex ante identical individuals. Relative risk aversion, relative prudence and comparative statics under uncertainty: The case of (mu,theta )preferences