Drilling Holes through Taxes
Texas oilmen are beginning to put more drilling rigs into operation. Since the 1982 oil bust, many rigs have been left idle. About 2,700 rigs are now operating which may be about as high as it will go for some time. The slump in oil prices was caused by a world oil surplus. The economic recession also decreased demand. Although the outlook for the oil industry is cautious, prospects are high for gas exploration and production.
Publication Name: Economist
Read any good books lately? Try browsing through the pages of Alberta's books
Alberta has 27 publishers, according to a count by the Alberta Publishers' Association, and the industry is growing. The largest publisher, Hurtig, publishes about 150 titles a year. Lone Pine Publishing has increased titles from two to 16 in the last two years, for sales of $400,000. Altitude Publishers are nationally recognized for their photo books.
Publication Name: Alberta Business
Improving forecasting through textbooks u a 25 year review
Role of forecasting text books in enhancing forecasting with a focus on authors is discussed. Evolution in features of text books ,such as length, presentation are also discussed
Publication Name: International Journal of Forecasting
- Abstracts: Measuring business cycles with business-cycle models. An analytical approximate solution to the problem of precautionary savings
- Abstracts: The decision to rate or not to rate: the case of municipal bonds. Market power, wage rate, and systematic risk: a homogeneous production function approach
- Abstracts: Transaction costs and partnerships: the case of the rock bands. Transaction costs, technology transfer, and in-house R&D: a study of the Indian private corporate sector
- Abstracts: Logistics technology: shipping through cyberspace. The race for cyberspace
- Abstracts: Arch rivals join forces to usher in Bt corn technology. Construction under way on facility to make plastic from corn