Gaming against managers in incentive systems : experimental results with Chinese students and Chinese managers
A study was conducted on the development of strategic play in games of Chinese managers and students using a simplified ratchet effect learning models. Findings showed that the play pattern was identical among the managers and students where they work together optimally, increases levels of strategic play. However, managers catalyzed development of more levels of strategic plays in contextual framework than the students. These finds are expected to become generalizations for century planned economies with financial incentives.
Publication Name: American Economic Review
Signalling and adaptive learning in an entry limit pricing game
An adaptive learning model was created to suggest a clear behavioral explanation for the occurrence of play from Milgrom and Roberts' (1982) model of entry limit pricing. Play is shown to converge as a function of an equilibrium. Equilibrium selection becomes a function of the past history of play during the occurrence of pure-strategy pooling and separating equilibria.
Publication Name: RAND Journal of Economics
The impact of meaningful context on strategic play in signaling games
Problems when put across in a meaningful context can change behavior in many ways. The initial level of strategic play could be increased significantly by meaningful context in a signaling game. Through a series of signaling game experiments, the various effects of meaningful context have been reported.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization
- Abstracts: Racial differences in transportation access to employment in Chicago and Los Angeles, 1980 and 1990
- Abstracts: Indeterminacy and fiscal policies in a growing economy. Representative agent meets class structure: imperfect competition and the balanced-budget multiplier
- Abstracts: Impact of ownership and competition on the productivity of Chinese enterprises. A study of the R&D efficiency and productivity of Chinese firms
- Abstracts: Trade policy and environmental regulation in the Asia-Pacific: a simulation. Domestic climate policies and the WTO
- Abstracts: Financial conditions, strategic interaction and complex dynamics: a game-theoretic model of financially driven fluctuations