Geographical changes in Money magazine's "Best Places to Live" rankings
A number of trends were observed in 'Money' magazine's 1995 ranking of the best places to live in the US. The choice of the most desirable cities remain volatile, moving from the Northeast to the Far West and the Southeast. The top three factors that add value to a community are clean water, air and low crime rates. Cities that receive high rankings also mention these factors in their promotional campaigns, while low rankings often serve as the impetus for change in communities.
Publication Name: Economic Development Review
Medicines, morals and money: the high ground and the bottom line
Ethical issues related to the pharmaceutical industry's need to maximize profits while acting to improve human health are discussed. Issues include the ethics of clinical trials, the need to provide drugs to poor countries that cannot afford them, and incentives to the development of 'orphan drugs.'
Publication Name: Business Ethics: A European Review
Diamonds are a rebel's best friend
A study examines whether depending on diamond trade can help in economic development of a nation. It is revealed that diamonds can become a cause for looting instances and hence may not improve the economy.
Publication Name: World Economy
- Abstracts: An explanation of international differences in education and workplace training. Business cycle measurement in the presence of structural change: international evidence
- Abstracts: A real theory of inflation and incentive anti-inflation plans. Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets
- Abstracts: The medieval church and rents from marriage market regulations. Managerial and windfall rents in the market for corporate control
- Abstracts: Potential problems in estimating bilinear time-series models. Wheat from chaff: meta-analysis as quantitative literature review
- Abstracts: Dissolving a company. Recent amendments to Kuwait's Companies Law. Total board remuneration and company performance