Growth and stagnation in a two-sector model: Kaldor's Mattiolo Lectures
Nicholas Kaldor's Mattioli Lectures show how his work on economic growth after 1996 had both strengths and weaknesses. The analysis of economic problems is insightful and provocative, but a formal model is needed for most people to assess the logical structure of some of the arguments. Kaldor's arguments are backed by a formalization based on his views, but this formalization shows that hidden assumptions exist in Kaldor's work. The Mattioli Lectures contain relevant and stimulating ideas, and should be read widely.
Publication Name: Cambridge Journal of Economics
Disclosure, valuation methods for derivatives may change
The Financial Accounting Standards Board and the Securities and Exchange Commission have issued proposals aimed at providing clarifications as to the reporting of a company's use of derivatives and its management of any consequent interest-rate risk. If accepted, the measures would substantially change the manner by which companies account for and report their derivatives operations. The proposals came in response to the high-profile losses that hit many investors during the 1990s.
Publication Name: Secondary Mortgage Markets
Tinbergen's work: change and continuity
A survey of Jan Tinbergen's writings on numerous economic phenomena was presented. Tinbergen's writings, which comprise over 900publications, cover areas such as economic dynamics and business cycles, modelsof economic policies, international economics and economic integration, economic development, income distribution and the prevailing economic order. These areas characterize major changes in Tinbergen's perceptions throughout his career.
Publication Name: De Economist
- Abstracts: Price-level stabilization rules in a Wicksellian model of the cumulative process. Bertrand price competition in a social environment
- Abstracts: Price-level stabilization rules in a Wicksellian model of the cumulative process. part 2 Industries using advanced process controls getting ready to expand
- Abstracts: Seniority and efficiency. Just, unjust, and just-cause dismissals
- Abstracts: Economic growth in the perpetual-youth model: implications of the annuity market and demographics
- Abstracts: Trends and motives of organizational change in Hungarian industry - a synchronic view. Inter-organizational collaboration in the biotechnology industry