Growth, nontradables, and price convergence in the Baltics
The real exchange rate appreciation experienced by Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania following macroeconomic stabilization is analyzed. Parameter values used in real business cycle literature were employed to model price convergence in the three Baltic states due to low quality of data. Results show that the price level will more likely be below its equilibrium level and significantly below the price level of industrial countries during the initial phases of transition.
Publication Name: Journal of Comparative Economics
The Best Rate of Convergence of the Core
Formulation is provided to determine the best rate of convergence of the core. An open set of limit economies is derived with a sequence of economies converging to it. Cheng's conditions are adapted to provide endowment vectors along the sequence.
Publication Name: International Economic Review
The effect of exchange rate changes on Belarus's trade balance
A depreciation of Belarus's currency can help the country's short-term and long-term trade balance. Authorities can use an effective depreciation approach to improve the value of exports.
Publication Name: Problems of Economic Transition
- Abstracts: Income persistence and macro-policy feedbacks in the US. The effect of deindustrialization on area income: myth vs. reality
- Abstracts: Expectations and monetary policy: a historical perspective. The impact of monetary regime changes: some exchange rate evidence
- Abstracts: Asymmetric demand information in regulation. The information content of dividend resumptions. Cartel quotas under majority rule
- Abstracts: IPO-mechanisms, monitoring and ownership structure. The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: evidence from the thrift industry
- Abstracts: Veblen and Keynes: on the economic theory of the capitalist economy. Gains from trade in a deficit-ridden economy