The enforcement of an economic and monetary union in Europe has been slowed down by political and economic issues. Member states have not yet reached a consensus regarding the role of the European Central Bank (ECB) in regulating the reserve requirements of banks. Moreover, the European Monetary Institute's functions may be put to a standstill before the formation of the ECB in 1998. The European Union must speed up the implementation of EMU to reach the self-imposed deadline in 1999.
Publication Name: American Economic Review
Various capital financing methods are available for American firms to engage in export business. American firms can avail export financing through participation in export working capital programs being offered by the Export-Import Bank of the US (Ex-Im Bank) and Small Business Administration (SBA). Export financing can also be obtained through transfer of an irrevocable commercial letter of credit.
Publication Name: Economic Development Review
Would a further expansion of money be "injurious"?: January 25, 1937
The impact of increase in bank reserves during 1937 is examined.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Studies
- Abstracts: Complementarity between import competition and import promotion. A survey of experiments on communication via cheap talk
- Abstracts: Household cleaning products. Dry cleaning
- Abstracts: Employee involvement programmes improve corporate performance. Corporate raiders don't cut investment in R&D
- Abstracts: Employment in manufacturing: a long-run relationship and short-run dynamics. Organizational structure and firm performance: an intertemporal perspective
- Abstracts: Flexible regression models and relative forecast performance. Extreme value theory and value-at-risk: relative performance in emerging markets