Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment: A disaggregated analysis
The report here stated that it aim at overcoming several shortcomings of previous empirical studies on the relationship between IPR protection and FDI. The FDI is first of all analyzed on a disaggregated level, secondly the proposition that stronger IPR protection raises quality of FDI in term of its technology and thirdly the extent to which the relationship between IPR protection and FDI is affected by applying alternative measures of IPR protection. The studies also stated that strengthening IPR protection suffers from diminishing returns in inducing more and better FDI.
Publication Name: Review of World Economics: Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv
University governance and academic tenure: a property rights explanation
An explanation based on property rights can help provide insights into university governance and the function of tenure. Faculty members need protection from discipline if they are to monitor decision makers. Universities and colleges have a specialized purpose and a non-profit operating status. Academic freedom can be seen as an asset for society, and tenure can provide benefits in that it helps protect academic freedom.
Publication Name: Journal of Institutional & Theoretical Economics
Investment facing credit rationing
Three important implications follow from the explicit expression of convex adjustment costs and investment facing credit rationing. Credit rationing can replace convex adjustment costs to obtain an investment function, and is used as a fiscal stop-check when collateral is low and investment demand is high. Explicit expression allows misspecification to be checked in empirical work.
Publication Name: Manchester School
- Abstracts: Regional determinants of foreign direct investment in mainland China. Analysing foreign market entry: the choice between greenfield investment and acquisitions
- Abstracts: Intellectual property protection in the United States under Section 337. Competition policy and intellectual property rights in developing countries
- Abstracts: Cyclical productivity in a model of labor hoarding. Government production of investment goods and aggregate labor productivity
- Abstracts: Prospects for foreign investments and strategic economic partnership in the Caucasus. Ukraine's Civil and Economic Codes: analysis of current status and recommendations for improvement
- Abstracts: Intertemporal preferences, imperfect competition and effective fiscal intervention. Effective protection in the presence of joint production