Pure joint production
B. Schefold asserted in his 1989 book that the laws in single-product systems also apply in joint production. However, further examination reveals that single-product systems laws of w-r trade-off, uniqueness of the dominant technique, wage maximization property, and convergence of the algorithm do not apply in joint production. In addition, the square result derived by Schefold in his single-product system model is not derived in joint production since this type of economy is more complex as there are more commodities and processes involved.
Publication Name: Cambridge Journal of Economics
Transaction costs versus resource value?
The theory of firm resources and transaction cost economics (TCE) represent two of the primary innovations in firm and microeconomics modelling. The theory of firm economics, which is applied to most industrial organizations and in strategic management endeavors, has already dominated such fields as diversification. TCE, originally applied to theory of the firm, continues to exhibit substantial unresolved issues despite some significant progress.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Studies
The discouraged entrepreneur: a model of self-employment with financial constraints
This article provides a model of self-employment with financial restraints. The author asserts that the entrepreneur can choose traditional or innovative models; difficulties in obtaining financing from banks which fail to correctly assess different types of projects may discourage potential entrepreneurs.
Publication Name: International Journal of Applied Economics and Econometrics
- Abstracts: Credit market imperfections and the separation of ownership from control
- Abstracts: The optimal inflation tax when money reduces transactions costs: a reconsideration. Real-time gross settlement and the costs of immediacy
- Abstracts: The factors determining the profitability of international airlines: some econometric results. Firm resources and joint ventures: what determines zero-sum versus positive-sum outcomes?
- Abstracts: Negative income taxes and household transition dynamics: evidence from the Canadian MINCOME experiment. Household survey data from developing countries: progress and prospects
- Abstracts: Free market capitalism and market discipline on the Asian financial crisis. Designing a market structure when firms compete for the right to serve the market