Testing for segmentation: an establishment analysis
Establishment-level data supports the idea of a segmented labor market in the United Kingdom. This segmentation relates to pay and employment stability, and is more complex than the traditional dualistic representation of core and periphery workers. UK research has tended to use aggregated data. Using establishments as units of study is a more fruitful method. Organizations may locate some types of employment in some establishments, while other types of employment may be concentrated in other establishments.
Publication Name: Cambridge Journal of Economics
Comparing macroeconometric models: a review article
Several econometric studies were analyzed to show which method produces more accurate results. Though empirical economics features different and conflicting explanations, its study is considered indispensible for the evaluation of economic issues. Experts believe that careful study of theoretical and applied econometrics as well as conducting neutral evaluations of economic experiments will help resolve conflicting studies.
Publication Name: Economica
Diagnostic Testing in Missing Data Models
A class of missing data models are tested for lognormality and assumptions of homoscedasticity. Lagrange multiplier tests are advocated because they are asymptotically locally most powerful. The tests can be easily adapted to incorporate a test of sample selectivity.
Publication Name: International Economic Review
- Abstracts: Intriguing pendula: founding metaphors in the analysis of economic fluctuations. Economic geography: the great half-century
- Abstracts: Using theory measurement: an analysis of the cyclical behavior of home production. Semiparametric censored regression models
- Abstracts: Target costing performance based on alternative participation and evaluation methods: a laboratory experiment
- Abstracts: Social norms and the law: an economic approach. Generations and the distribution of economic well-being: a cross-national view
- Abstracts: Real business cycle: a critical review. India's economic policy reforms: a review. Moving average detrending and the analysis of business cycles