The resolution of uncertainty: an experimental study
Recent research has considered various approaches to the resolution of uncertainty, focusing on intertemporal choice behaviour when the resolution of uncertainty varies. Researchers looked at whether people have a preference for early or late resolution of uncertainty and whether this preference depends on the probabilities or the consequences of decisions to be made. It was found that people are not indifferent between early and late resolution of uncertainty, and the researchers concluded that preferences for resolution of uncertainty can assist in understanding significant real world difficulties.
Publication Name: Journal of Institutional & Theoretical Economics
The role of nonbinding alternative dispute resolution in litigation
Research into pretrial mediation, in which a panel assesses the value of the plaintiff's claim, is presented. A model is developed in which the parties to a lawsuit each have private information about the value of the claim.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization
Post-cartel pricing during litigation
A study is conducted to examine efficacy of standard methods used in antitrust price-fixing cases. The advantages taken by some firms because of this over estimate of prices and underestimate of damages are also analyzed.
Publication Name: Journal of Industrial Economics
- Abstracts: Competitivity in auction markets: an experimental and theoretical investigatioin. Risk-return measures of hedging effectiveness: the case of multiple cash andfutures markets
- Abstracts: Contract responsibility systems and productive efficiency: a case study on state-owned enterprises in China. Optimal law enforcement and victim precaution
- Abstracts: The unknown masterpiece: Marx's model of capital. Standardized capital stock estimates in Latin America: A 1950-94 update
- Abstracts: The state and the social sector in Vietnam: Reforms and challenges for Vietnam. Vietnam: ready for doi moi II?
- Abstracts: Prospects for foreign investments and strategic economic partnership in the Caucasus. Ukraine's Civil and Economic Codes: analysis of current status and recommendations for improvement