What the change of systemn from socialism to capitalism does and does not mean
A move to capitalism from socialism can create problems because some socialist systems were not efficient, so economies are less developed, and problems may also arise because of the transitional nature of society and economy. There are also disadvantages related to capitalist systems, such as unemployment. Inequality arises from a system where inheritance is allowed and income can be gained from capital. In addition, corruption and other human failings can create problems in both socialist and capitalist systems.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Perspectives
The principles of privatization in Eastern Europe
The selection criteria for different modes of privatization appropriate for Eastern Europe were presented. The criteria takes into consideration a number of concepts such as the sociological, political and economic conditions prevalent in Eastern Europe, as well as distributional-ethical norms. In addition, the proper role of the state in privatization and the evolutionary character of the privatization itself were discussed.
Publication Name: De Economist
Free market capitalism and market discipline on the Asian financial crisis
This article examines the possible causes of the Asian Financial crisis during the late 1990s. The authors focus on the role of free market capitalism in the financial distress in Asia, and the potential need for tighter discipline among market particpants or more government control over borrowers and creditors.
Publication Name: International Journal of Applied Economics and Econometrics
- Abstracts: On the existence of macro variables and of macro relationships. Multi-country tests for the oscillator model with slowly varying coefficients
- Abstracts: A taxation policy toward capital, technology and long-run growth. Money, taxes, and endogenous growth
- Abstracts: Share issue privatizations as financial means to political and economic ends. Another look at time-varying risk and return in a long-horizon contrarian strategy
- Abstracts: The spatial contribution to income inequality in rural China. What caused earnings inequality to increase in Canada during the 1980s?
- Abstracts: The worldwide standard of living since 1800. Development, growth and policy reform in the Middle East and North Africa since 1950