Whom to license patented technology
A patent holder finds it substantial to license only the strong firm, if two-part tariffs with non-negative royalties and standard fees are feasible, regardless whether or not an exclusive licensing of the weak firm prevents the strong firm from penetrating the product market. However, its two-part tariffs are not obtainable, it may be optimal for the patentee to license its technology to the weak competitor exclusively.
Publication Name: Managerial & Decision Economics
Network resource centers as a catalyst for technology
Lawrenceburg, TN, is one community where local economic development organizations initiated efforts to encourage the adoption of new telecommunications and information technology. Their efforts resulted in the creation of a community technology center which offers computer-based interactive learning, video teleconferencing and Internet access. Their success is also attributed to partnerships and visionary leadership.
Publication Name: Economic Development Review
Ask not for Whom the Bridge Tolls
The Severn Bridge in South Wales is problem ridden. It has too much traffic and its materials are wearing out. If tolls were higher, it would alleviate the problem.
Publication Name: Economist
- Abstracts: Unemployment responses to 'skill-biased' technology shocks: the role of labour market policy. Qualifying for unemployment insurance: an empirical analysis
- Abstracts: Unemployment responses to 'skill-biased' technology shocks: the role of labour market policy. part 2 The disadvantage of tying their hands: on the political economy of policy commitments
- Abstracts: The two Germanies: information technology and economic divergence, 1949-1989
- Abstracts: The phenomenology of contract: complex contracting in the entertainment industry. Situational analysis beyond 'single-exit' modeling
- Abstracts: Oman's new law on residence of expatriates. Triggers in the Growth of Cancer Cells. Significance of underclass residence on the stage of breast or cervical cancer diagnosis