On the scent of Fragrant Harbour's pungent history
The defeat of China by the British following the opium wars of 1840-42 led to British rule in Hong Kong which will end on Jul 1 1997 when Hong Kong is reunited with China. Independence in the countries of Asia after the Second World War did not affect colonial rule in Hong Kong. The importance of colonial rule declined as the country became more economically successful. When China takes over control of Hong Kong it is likely that political freedoms will be curtailed.
Publication Name: Times Higher Education Supplement
The mystery of history
History teachers need help in making high school students understand how historical events influence their preparations for the workplace. One way is through cooperation from vocational-technical teachers, who can help history teachers gain insight on how historical facts can be applied to the workplace. Teachers can also use newspapers and out-of-the-classroom activities to relate history and current events.
Publication Name: The Vocational Education Journal
The mystery of fetal life: Secrets of the womb
Studies on fetal development that have been made possible by new technologies are summarized, and advice on ensuring normal development is provided
Publication Name: Current
- Abstracts: Once more into the bunker. The lost chapters of a life in love and letters. The class assassin
- Abstracts: Zoology is the latest victim of audit culture. The King has not left the building
- Abstracts: Reflections of bestiality. The views from the platform. Reflections in self-control
- Abstracts: Islam's other extremism: The role of Islamic Law. Voice of the Other America. History's other voice
- Abstracts: Let them watch Strindberg! The genetic genie: a danger to humanity. When in danger, watch the news