Grant Wood painted in a style called 'American Gothic', and a house in Eldon, Iowa, was used in one of his paintings. The house fell into disrepair, but was then restored, though it has yet to become a major tourist attraction. American Gothic art has undergone a revival. This also applies to the work of Wood, who was able to relate people to the regions they came from, a trend that fits in with modern preoccupations, and who appeals to a nostalgia for the past.
Publication Name: The Economist (UK)
Subject: Business, international
Chart gages perform visual geometry
Optical comparator chart gages are essential for the effective use of optical comparators for part gaging in manufacturing. The two types of chart gages are custom and standard. Custom chart gages are used to determine complicated surface measurements while standard chart gages are used to measure linear dimensions, angles and geometries. Comparator chart gages must also provide visual accuracy, clear images and consistent line widths.
Publication Name: Quality
Subject: Engineering and manufacturing industries
Publication Name: SkateBoarder
Subject: Sports and fitness
- Abstracts: Czech major axes many. The "seven C's" for employee retention
- Abstracts: Bracing for the geomagnetic storms. Accountability and a metric for credibility and compliance
- Abstracts: Flowcharting business processes. Bombay's antiques roadshow
- Abstracts: The ten hinge commandments. Birdsong: variations that follow rules
- Abstracts: Leave your soft drinks (and sanity) at the door. The cilantro clamor