Twist and Shout
The chemical compound trichloroanisole (TCA) generally enters the wine through a cork, making the wine totally undrinkable and unpleasant. Screw caps are hence replacing the older ones in United States and also in Australia and New Zealand but their use is still not in demand due to several reasons.
Publication Name: Bon Appetit
Thomas Jefferson, America's third president, was a serious gourmet and oenophile whose taste for Paris and southern European food and wines revolutionized his gardens and his American table. Recipes of figs and farmstead cheese that are not only delicious but also nutritious are mentioned.
Publication Name: Gourmet
Actual measurements of body weight and height are essential
The article examines the miscalculations that could occur due to self-reported body weight and height, thus suggesting that accurate measurement is imperative to determine the Body Mass Index (BMI).
Publication Name: Nutrition Today
- Abstracts: Maternal obesity increases congenital malformations. Trends in body weight and overweight in the U.S. population
- Abstracts: Psychology and cultural aspects of energy. Diet, neurochemicals, and mental energy. Dieting and weight loss: the energy perspective
- Abstracts: Pros and cons of block grants. Teaching critical thinking to nutrition professionals. Impact of nutrition-related coalitions on welfare reform and food security in a rural state
- Abstracts: Beta-carotene and the carotenoids: beyond the intervention trials. Impact of nutritional deficiencies on resistance to experimental pulmonary tuberculosis
- Abstracts: Establishing the significance and optimal intake of dietary antioxidants: the biomarker concept. Investigating the weanling's dilemma: lessons from Honduras