Motor vehicle repair
The Health and Safety Executive is informed of around 3,000 accidents to employees in the motor vehicle repair sector in the UK every year. There are likely to be many more accidents which are not reported. This level of accidents brings high costs to individual employers and to the industry as a whole. The main priority in improving the safety record of the sector is to look at reducing accidents resulting from the movement of people, goods and vehicles around the workshop.
Publication Name: Health & Safety at Work
Subject: Human resources and labor relations
Students? who needs them
An evaluation of a survey of design consultancies recruitment planning is presented. There is concern about the rising number of design students in proportion to the number of jobs available in arts subjects, which are forecast to fall by 21% in 1993. Courses are tending to be more modular, but industry criticises universities and colleges of design, for not listening to their demands.
Publication Name: Design (London, England)
Subject: Architecture and design industries
'Reborn' Aitken to preach in prisons
Former UK politician Jonathan Aitken, who served a jail term for lying, has found God and is intending to preach in prisons. Aitken is studying theology at Oxford University.
Publication Name: Mademoiselle
Subject: General interest
- Abstracts: Learning to lead. Learning to see
- Abstracts: Born to be mild. Lone star. A little star is born, maybe
- Abstracts: The tax man is stealing our savings. 8 up-and-coming collectibles
- Abstracts: Tasty cheese treats from Wisconsin. Return of the stunt
- Abstracts: Don't block the blessings. Presented to you by ...: corporate sponsorship and the unrelated business income tax