Manatees: swimming against the human tide
Human activity accounts for about 45% of all manatee deaths in Florida, with the number still rising. Manatees have no known predators and have coexisted with other marine organisms for 50 million years. To protect manatees, 13 Florida counties have created the Manatee Protection Plan.
Publication Name: The Animals' Agenda
Subject: Zoology and wildlife conservation
San Simeon's child
The woman who was known as the niece of actress Marion Davies and newspaper tycoon Hearst is now claiming that she was, in fact, their daughter. Lake kept this a secret, and her son disclosed it after her death in 1993. Many remain skeptical.
Publication Name: Vanity Fair
Subject: General interest
Alsace Pinot Blanc, Alsace Riesling, other Alsace and Languedoc wines are rated on a scale of one to 100, with tasting notes and prices provided. A 1996 Charles Wantz Pinot Blanc Alsace Reserve Pariculier at $12 is rated 87.
Publication Name: The Wine Spectator
Subject: Food and beverage industries
- Abstracts: Savannah civilities. 'Georgia' on their mind
- Abstracts: Monet's illusion. The effect of per-item fees on the behaviour of general practitioners
- Abstracts: Dicey propositions. Harnessing the sun
- Abstracts: Prelude. A day in the life of the showstopper
- Abstracts: Putting on the kid gloves. Changing channels - at 50