Oil and water: The contrasting anatomies of resource conflicts
A study is conducted with an aim to rebut the oft-made assertion that water shortages are already an important factor in causing and contributing to international conflicts such as the 1967 Arab-Israeli war and the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon. The evidence testifies to the negligible role played by competition over water resources in the Middle East's late twentieth-century international conflicts.
Publication Name: Government and Opposition
24/7 hourly response to electricity real-time pricing with up to eight summers of experience
A survey of industrial customers who have used Duke Power optional real-time rates for the past eight years reveals that customers have understood the nuances of hourly pricing and have shown marked load reduction during higher priced hours. The own and cross price elasticity of the industrial customers have been calculated.
Publication Name: Journal of Regulatory Economics
- Abstracts: Sustainability and the intergenerational distribution of natural resource entitlements. Fiscal effects of foreign aid in a federal system of governance. The case of India
- Abstracts: Robbing Peter to pay Peter: the economics of local public residency requirements. On the effects of federal capital taxation on growing and declining areas
- Abstracts: Q and the tax bias theory: the role of depreciation tax shields. Commodity taxation with administered and free market prices: theory and an application to China
- Abstracts: Optimal fiscal policy in open economies with labour market distortions. Price and income distortions under separate spending and taxing decisions
- Abstracts: Dangerous distractions. Chiefs of staff. Teaching pays