Unresolved ambiguity: Quebec after the election of 1998
Issues concerning the Quebec election of 1998 and its failure to resolve overriding sovereignty issues are discussed. Issues include the performance of political leaders during the election campaign, the failure of opinion polls to predict the strong showing of the Liberal Party, and the effect of the polls on the outcome of the election.
Publication Name: Government and Opposition
Response to a review essay by David Cameron
Criticisms by David Cameron of the book 'Academic Freedom in Canada: A History' are discussed. Issues include alleged biases and preconceptions, the role of faculty unions, changes in the concept of academic freedom, inclusiveness, and the commercialization of research.
Publication Name: Canadian Public Administration
The demand for water: consumer response to scarcity
An incentive-based water pricing policy can encourage and reward conservation while taking into account the diversity of the population in an arid region.
Publication Name: Journal of Regulatory Economics
- Abstracts: Household mobility, asymmetric information, and the pricing of mortgage contract rates. An analysis of household mobility and tenure choice: an empirical study of Korea
- Abstracts: Commodity prices and inflation. Growth and inflation: a cross-country study. Economic activity and inflation
- Abstracts: An unholy trinity? Civil society, economic liberalization and democratization in post-Mao China. International economic cooperation revisited
- Abstracts: Source-country social programs and the age composition of legal US immigrants. Wage-shifting effects of severance payments savings accounts in Columbia
- Abstracts: Policy trade-offs in "home-care": the Ontario example. United States' electricity imports from Quebec and the fair trade issue