Action of Causticum in inflammatory models
The anti-inflammatory effect of Causticum was evaluated using acute and chronic inflammatory models in vivo. The measurement of the raw paw oedema using a plethysmometer revealed that all different potencies of Causticum used in the experiments presented anti-inflammatory properties in the oedema induced by carrageenin.
Publication Name: Homeopathy
Diclofenac by inhibiting an enzyme reduces inflammation of the joints by lowering prostaglandin levels. The contraindications, cautions, side effects, interactions, administration, patient teaching and nursing considerations of diclofenac are illustrated.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
Perspective: Antiinflammatory Therapy for Dry Eye
Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) is improved by the use of anti-inflammatory agents. Cyclosporin A is approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Publication Name: American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Abstracts: Screening for Chlamydia - a key to the prevention of pelvic inflammatory disease. Genital chlamydial infections
- Abstracts: Access to dental care in Alabama for children with special needs. Early orthodontic treatment as a means to increase access for children enrolled in Medicaid in Washington state
- Abstracts: Lactic acid bacteria secrete metabolites retaining anti-inflammatory properties after intestinal transport
- Abstracts: Medical assessment of adverse health outcomes in long-term survivors of childhood cancer. Anthracycline cardiotoxicity in children
- Abstracts: Prevalence of and risk factors for lifetime suicide attempts among Blacks in the United States. Violence-related behaviors among high school students-United States, 1991-2003