Better protection for oilmen
The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 1992 will come into effect on May 31 1993. Oil rig operators will need to prepare safety cases for installations for approval by the Health and Safety Executive. A transitional period is allowed up to Nov 1995. Safety cases will need to show that: management strategy complies with health and safety law; arrangements have been made for regular audits; hazards have been identified; major accident risks have been assessed and steps have been taken to reduce risk to employees.
Publication Name: Occupational Safety & Health
Building a better casserole
Casseroles are classic dishes but traditionally they may be high in calories and fat. Tips are offered on preparing a lighter casserole. Casserole recipes include cheese broccoli-rice, ham and broccoli, Mexican broccoli, and Spanish rice casseroles.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
The ultraviolet (UV) index determines the amount of UV light at solar noon. The intensity of UV light is graded based on its reaction to changes in cloud cover and the ozone layer.
Publication Name: Mayo Clinic Health Letter
- Abstracts: Linking computer applications for performance improvement projects. Process improvement plan for the reduction of nosocomial pneumonia in patients on ventilators
- Abstracts: Levalbuterol for asthma. Hyperhydration. Albuterol - cousin to Clenbuterol
- Abstracts: Busted. Prepare for your next doctor visit. Clothing designer Rachel Roy
- Abstracts: Propecia and Rogaine Extra Strength for alopecia. Our craving for quiet. Quiet strength
- Abstracts: Plasma jet takes off. Anti-steroid takes aim at neuropathy. Martina takes aim at Colorado's anti-gay amendment