Clinical anatomy and surgical skills training (CASST): Development of a multicenter, multidisciplinary program
The development and assessment of the clinical anatomy and surgical skills training program (CASST) is described, which aimed to develop a multicenter, multidisciplinary anatomy and surgical skills training program for junior residents in obstetrics and gynecology and urology. The CASST program reduced costs of teaching basic surgical skills and anatomy and maximized faculty teaching time and effort by including multiple centers and disciplines.
Publication Name: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
National Public Health week observance is April 5-11
The annual celebration of the National Public Health Week, to be observed April 5-11 focused on the theme that encompasses all facets of health disparities and also included those based on race, ethnicity, geography, disease, disability and environment. Public health workers, organizations, students, communities took part in National Public Health Week which had art contests, educational research and fitness events.
Publication Name: The Nation's Health
From rainforests to the Emerald Isle
Belize, in Central America offers the opportunity to dive into the world's second largest coral reef and learn jungle skills as an expedition nurse. A nurse and doctor join each trek, which are often deep into the rainforest that covers three-quarters of the country.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
- Abstracts: Diagnostic and therapeutic strategies of white clot syndrome
- Abstracts: Diagnosis of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies by polymerase chain reaction: a multicenter study. Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy in Hispanic new Mexicans. (BRIEF REPORT)
- Abstracts: Correctional health care: a public health opportunity. Preventing firearm violence: a public health imperative
- Abstracts: Benign magical thinking. Complementary therapies and healthcare practice. The role of military strategies in medical thinking
- Abstracts: Wound strength in abdominal incisions: a comparison of two continuous mass closure techniques in rats. Postoperative wound infection with Pasteurella multocida from a pet cat